Skip to main content

TULIPS FOR HOLLAND




My mum doesn't have loads of cushions on her sofa, two at the most.
Last year she told me when I was in Holland, she would like to have a new cushion.
I said that would be nice and asked her what kind of colours she liked.
Colourful she replied.

This stitching pattern is from an embroidery magazine I bought years ago, while living in Scotland.
The beadwork around the stitching is my own design or creativity.
I think there is plenty of colour and it is already in the mail on its way to Holland.

Well, mum I hope this cushion cover is to your liking. 
















Comments

happy colors, your mother will be happy with it, greetings from Holland 😃
Pink Rose said…
Wow Alice what a beautiful cushion,well done my friend,your mum will love this xx
Unknown said…
A pretty motif with the tulips, and the pearls make it really noble, your mother was certainly very happy.
Martina
Jeetje said…
Very colorful and the beaded edge fits beautifully.
Annie Kingma said…
Vrolijk en heel kleurrijk kussen geworden.
Je moeder zal er zeker blij mee zijn.
Groetnis Annie
Sylvia said…
Beautiful stitching,Alice.Love the tulips.Your mother was happy with it.I think.

Holland is a province.We have 12 provinces.2 provinces are called Zuid-Holland and Noord-Holland.I live in Zuid-Holland..I write this just to let you know. :).


Greetings from the Netherlands :).

Faith... said…
The cushion is beautiful! Love the addition of the beadwork, it really sets it off! I just know your Mom will love it!
Irene said…
Hi Alice! This tulips are wonderful! Bravo!
Irene said…
Hi Alice! These tulips are wonderful!!
Anonymous said…
truly happy colours , I hope your mom is happy.
FlashinScissors said…
Hello Alice, that’s a great pattern!
But the way you decided to add those beads really finishes it so beautifully!
Your mum’s cushion is absolutely gorgeous!
Barbara x